The student intern will assist the director of photography and videography in the creation, organization and distribution of multimedia to all channels of communication. Below is a list of different jobs the
student intern will undertake:
- Photo Shoots: Student will assist the director of photography on photo shoots. These shoots will include both event and portrait sessions. While assisting, student will help with lighting and equipment setup. Student will also shoot assignments on their own. This may include events and editorial portrait session. Student will always conduct themselves in a professional manner. Designs, transports, sets up, and operates production equipment, including audio and lighting equipment, for field and studio productions.
- Photo Editing: Student will do initial photo editing and exporting from Adobe Lightroom. Student will further enhance and retouch photos using Adobe Photoshop. Student will prepare images for
use in different media formats including, video, web, email and print. Completes trouble and preventive maintenance reports on video and audio production equipment; assists in repair and upkeep of studio and production sets and properties.
- Videography: Student will assist the director of photography on video shoots. These shoots will include both event and portrait sessions. While assisting, student will help with lighting, audio and other equipment setup. Student will also shoot assignments on their own. This may include events and video interview sessions.
- Video Editing: Student will use Adobe Premiere Pro & After Effects to edit videos. Student will organize and sort raw videos and edit the videos to create short movies for use online, in social media and the iPad app.
- Audio engineering: Student will record audio interviews and other sounds and use Adobe Sound Booth for manipulation, mixing and reproduction of sound used in a variety of mediums including, but not limited to promotional videos, podcasts and iPad apps.
- The intern will be required to attend regular internship meetings. The intern will also be required to present an overview and results of their work during the semester at a designated intern/staff meeting.
- The intern will meet with the president and executive director of CVC Hub periodically to discuss their experience.
- Experience using DSLRs.
- In-depth knowledge of camera operations for both still photos and video.
- In-depth knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Lightroom.
- Beginner knowledge of Adobe Premiere.
- Beginner knowledge of lighting and composition.
- Minimum GPA of 2.0.
- Flexible schedule (outside of class and/or work commitments).
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently
- In depth knowledge of Adobe Premiere
- In depth knowledge of Adobe After Effect
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Work environment involves minimal exposure to physical risks, such as operating dangerous equipment or working with chemicals.
- Work may involve moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
If you satisfy all the conditions above, please fill out the form below: